Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Milestone update

She's four months old this week, I can't believe how big she's getting. She's holding her head up like a champ which is making carrying her so much easier. She's laughing regularly now. I got her to last week, then Dave did yesterday afternoon and apparently my Dad had success last night. It's very rewarding to have her respond so much. She's grabbing so much with her hands and everything goes to the mouth to try it out. I've been letting her "smell" particularly strong foods like peanut butter and beer? (that's not a problem is it?) My Mom introduced her to a tomato, ranch veggie chip yesterday afternoon. I think I'll be ordering a highchair sooner than I thought.

Syd's been sleeping pretty well these days, and despite her cold and her head being so filled with snot that it's finding a way out through her eyes, last night she logged 10 and a half hours. Are you kidding me? No I'm not, it was quite delightful. Now I just have to get over waking up in anticipation of when she'll wake up. I was up twice, sure that she was going to be up "any minute now." It never happened and at 8 o'clock this morning I heard her first peep. That's nuts.

She goes for her 4 month Dr. visit tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to find out how much she's grown.

No comments: