Tuesday, September 30, 2008

If a tree falls in the woods...

If the baby wakes at night and the mother doesn't turn on the monitor, is the baby really making a sound?

Lately we've been going thru a tough stage at night. Syd's been up 3, 4 and 5 times, it's been really hard on me. We've been living like this for the last week and a half. I've attributed it to the solid foods that I've given her and the fact that she went 6 days without a poop and then 3 days (getting better) and the fact that we were all sleeping in the same room for 5 of those nights. Lots of variables. I was hopeful that once she pooped and got back in her own bed, out of our room and on a schedule that we'd be in good shape.
Some how, either God knew I was desparate for sleep, or it was my own self/un-conscious, I forgot to turn the monitor back on after one of the wake-ups last night.
I'm lying in bed at 6:30 this morning trying to count up how many times I was up last night and realizing it was only 2, could Syd have slept thru? No, silly, she just cried herself silly and did a total 180 in her crib.
I checked on her, she was fine, but wow, talk about feeling bad. Guess it didn't kill her.

No comments: