Friday, March 11, 2011

Goodness Gracious

While it's been a month since I've posted, all of our news has happened in the last week. It's been nuts around here.

First, Sydney's now joined the rank of big girl. She decided to start using the toilet this week, not the potty, the big toilet! It's pretty awesome and we're so proud of her. I didn't know how great this would be, but boy am I enjoying it and it's only been a couple of days. She's wearing big girl underwear during the day and diapers for naps and night. Away she goes!

This blog post was prompted by a funny interaction I had with her today. It was the third time to the toilet before her nap, each time she had a little pee come out (the girl's been doing her kegels), so we washed her hands each time and she got her treat each time. This last time she steps up on the stool and sings, "we're washing our hands together, because the Bible tells me so."
It's stuff like this that keeps me laughing all day long.

Annaliese surprised me on Wednesday by weaning herself off of boob. She was a four-time a day-er, but now all of a sudden it's once. How did that happen? I was so offended. Truly I was really sad, I wasn't ready for this. Now, two days later I'm coping much better, but there were some tears. I think she's just too interested in what's going on around her to be facing me and just seeing skin. So, not only is she loving life with a bottle, she's almost crawling. On all fours and successfully scooting backward, just need to figure out the forward motion and she'll be on her way.

That's our world right now. The house is well on it's way and we expect the builders to be done with it by June so then we'll have to show you all of that.
I'll see what I can come up with in the way of pictures for the next post.

1 comment:

Molly said...

So wonderful to read about your life. I miss you guys. xxxx.m